As an American First Associate, you'll play a vital role in serving the community while enjoying a rewarding career. American First is looking for dynamic individuals who are team players and possess Premier Member Service and sales skills. We want to help you achieve your career goals by giving you the opportunity to provide consultative service to our Members in the communities, cities, and select employee groups we serve. Our company is more than $515 million in assets strong.
If you are interested in joining our team, print and complete an employment application and fax to our Human Resources department at 562/ 237-5138, or email your resume to email@example.com.
Current Open Positions
- Mortgage Loan Modification Processor
Mortgage Loan Modification Processor
This position reports to our corporate office in La Habra, CA. As a Loan Mod Processor you will be responsible for processing and submitting loan modification requests for approval or denial, with compliance according to American First and investor guidelines. You will assist the Loan Modification Department to minimize losses and ensure that the Credit Union assets are adequately protected while maintaining favorable member relations. In addition you will provide service excellence and follow up with Member when necessary.
Our perfect candidate MUST have the following qualifications:
* 2+ years experience and/or education in residential mortgage processing and underwriting
* Knowledge of mortgage loan terminology, documentation and underwriting guidelines.
* Knowledge of state and federal laws; compliance regulations for mortgage loans.
* Knowledge of Secondary Market Investor guidelines for mortgage loans.
* Analytical skills for credit, income, and collateral analysis; ability to interview and qualify borrower’s needs, anticipating problems and finding resolutions.
* Time management and organizational skills to rapidly adapt and respond to a constantly changing environment, through interruptions, uncontrollable changes in priorities and changing work schedules while maintaining the ability to meet deadlines.
* General knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Protection Act and Federal and State privacy and security laws in relation to financial industry.