FREE Financial Counseling
Certified BALANCE counselors are available to answer questions, explain your credit report, suggest ways to improve your score, and help you set up a budget. If needed, they can also assist with bill consolidation, credit negotiation or a bankruptcy prevention program may be arranged at no cost. All sessions are completely confidential.
BALANCE can help if any of the situations listed below apply to you:
- Didn't get approved for the lowest rate
- Credit cards always maxed out
- Just making minimum payments, not paying down your debt
- Living paycheck to paycheck, no money to save
- Experiencing a short term hardship, falling behind on mortgage or car payment
- Receiving collection calls
- Considering bankruptcy
- Worried that divorce or other life change may affect credit worthiness
- Want to save a down payment for home.
The Credit Union pays all BALANCE fees, saving you the expensive start-up costs and monthly fees charged by other agencies. Free financial counseling is one more way American First helps you reach your goals.