As an American First Credit Union Member you have free access to the certified BALANCE Financial Fitness Counselors. To learn more, follow the link to the left. We offer….
FREE Financial Counseling
Certified BALANCE counselors are available to answer questions, explain your credit report, suggest ways to improve your score, and help you set up a budget. If needed, a bill consolidation, credit negotiation or bankruptcy prevention program may be arranged at no cost. All sessions are completely confidential.
BALANCE can help if any of the following situations apply to you:
- Didn't get approved for the lowest rate
- Credit cards always maxed out
- Just making minimum payments, not paying down your debt
- Living paycheck to paycheck, no money to save
- Experiencing a short term hardship, falling behind on mortgage or car payment
- Receiving collection calls
- Considering bankruptcy
- Worried that divorce or other life change may affect credit worthiness
- Want to save a down payment for home
The Credit Union pays all BALANCE fees, saving you the expensive start-up costs and monthly fees charged by other agencies. Free financial counseling is one more way American First helps you reach your goals.