We provide a variety of resources to help you reach your financial goals. Whether you are creating a budget, looking to purchase the home or
vehicle of your dreams, or trying to establish good saving habits we are ready with the right information and programs.
Members of American First have free access to certified BALANCE Financial Fitness Counselors. To learn more, follow the link to the left.
Click here to read educational articles about savings, IRAs, Certificates and other financial topics.
FREE Financial Counseling
Certified BALANCE counselors are available to answer questions, explain your credit report, suggest ways to improve your score, and help you set up a budget. If needed, they can also assist with bill consolidation, credit negotiation or a bankruptcy prevention program may be arranged at no cost. All sessions are completely confidential.
BALANCE can help if any of the situations listed below apply to you:
- Didn't get approved for the lowest rate
- Credit cards always maxed out
- Just making minimum payments, not paying down your debt
- Living paycheck to paycheck, no money to save
- Experiencing a short term hardship, falling behind on mortgage or car payment
- Receiving collection calls
- Considering bankruptcy
- Worried that divorce or other life change may affect credit worthiness
- Want to save a down payment for home
The Credit Union pays all BALANCE fees, saving you the expensive start-up costs and monthly fees charged by other agencies. Free financial counseling is one more way American First helps you reach your goals.
Googolplex - For Student Money Makers
Choose your age level - Click one of the buttons below:
For Elementary Students
For Middle School
For High School
Click on the newsletters below to see what's going on this month in the 5-Spot Clubhouse, AJ's Mall, and C-Note University.
5-Spot Clubhouse (Elementary)
AJ's Mall (Middle)
C-Note University (High School)