Join Our Team
A 2013 recipient of the Peter Barron Stark Workplace Excellence Award
At American First Credit Union you play a vital role in serving the community all while enjoying a rewarding career. American First is looking for dynamic individuals who are team players and possess premier Member Service and sales skills. We want to help you achieve your career goals by giving you the opportunity to provide consultative service to our Members in the communities, cities, and Select Employee Groups we serve. We work hard to show our Members a different kind of financial services company. Our values and culture are what determine the success of our Associates as well as our Credit Union.
Values: Sincere Communication. People Make the Difference. Integrity. Resilience. Inclusion. Trust and Empowerment.
If you are interested in joining our team, print and complete an employment application and fax to our Human Resources department at 562.237.5138, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print Application Form
Current Open Positions
Auto Loan Processor/Funder
This position reports to our La Habra, CA corporate headquarters.
As a Consumer Loan Processor you can look forward to being responsible for reviewing, verifying and processing loan documents required for funding and disbursing consumer loans. Position will provide quality service to members and associates with consumer loan products and other consumer lending servicing functions. Position works directly with Consumer Loan Closers to proactively close loans in a timely manner.
The successful candidate MUST have the following qualifications:
- Detail oriented and dependable
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- 1+ years consumer lending processing, member service and funding experience preferable in financial industry
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheet, word processing and consumer lending software
- Knowledge of Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) paperwork and requirements
- Working knowledge of consumer lending products and lending practices
- Knowledge and experience of consumer credit laws and regulations
- Intermediate analytical skills to analyze tax returns and pay stubs for income verification
- Ability to exercise strong judgment and work independently with minimal supervision
Business Development Real Estate Loan Officer
As the Business Development Real Estate Loan Officer you can look forward to originating residential real estate loans from consumers as well as business sources. You will develop and maintain relationships with builders, developers, real estate agents and other industry sources of mortgage finance leads to position American First CU as the lender of choice. You will achieve this by participating in real estate trade shows, seminars, and other business development events. You will represent the credit union to potential members, community/civic organizations, business associates, regulatory agencies, suppliers and competitors. Other activities can include facilitating real estate seminars, partnering with real estate agents in open house functions and other activities that will promote the origination of our loan products.
Salary for this position is commission structure based on monthly funded loan volume.
Our perfect candidate will have the following qualifications:
- You have 4+ years experience and/or education in mortgage lending and real estate loan sales including loan terminology, documentation, lending process including RESPA/RegZ/ECOA/HMDA regulations and FNMA/FHLMC mortgage lending guidelines.
- You have a history of loan originations from Real Estate Agents.
- You have the ability to identify, consult and respond to origination opportunities with loan applicants/potential members utilizing cross-selling skills.
- You have time management, interpersonal and organizational skills to rapidly adapt and respond to unscheduled events changes.
- You have excellent written, verbal communication skills and analytical skills for credit analysis and resolving problems.
- You have a current Driver’s License, proof of insurance, evidence of a safe driving record, ability to provide own transportation for local travel, and be able to travel locally on a regular basis.
No open positions at this time.
Supervisory Committee Volunteer
As a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned by its members and guided by volunteers, we are always looking for dedicated volunteers from within our membership to serve in a variety of capacities. If you have a desire to share your skills and a willingness to take a leadership role in the development of the credit union, please let us know. You can submit your letter of intent along with your resume to the address provided in the Position Description stating why you would like to volunteer at American First Credit Union.
American First Credit Union Benefits
American First Credit Union, an equal opportunity employer, offers a competitive benefit package that includes:
- HMO or PPO Medical and Dental and Credit Union paid PPO Vision Plan for part-time and full-time associates (eligible first day of month following 30 days of continuous employment).
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and daycare expenses for children and elders.
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,000 annually.
- Credit Union paid life insurance, long term disability, and AD&D insurance.
- 401(k) with 1% employer contribution and up to 3% matching - up to 4% of total compensation. (AFCU pays all record keeping fees).
- Credit Union paid Financial Advisory Service from a qualified financial planner.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick, and Floating Holidays for part-time and full-time associates.
- Special Recognition Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Loan discounts, continuous learning environment, friendly/fun setting, and much more!