Join Our Team
A 2013 recipient of the Peter Barron Stark Workplace Excellence Award
At American First Credit Union you play a vital role in serving the community all while enjoying a rewarding career. American First is looking for dynamic individuals who are team players and possess premier Member Service and sales skills. We want to help you achieve your career goals by giving you the opportunity to provide consultative service to our Members in the communities, cities, and Select Employee Groups we serve. We work hard to show our Members a different kind of financial services company. Our values and culture are what determine the success of our Associates as well as our Credit Union.
Values: Sincere Communication. People Make the Difference. Integrity. Resilience. Inclusion. Trust and Empowerment.
If you are interested in joining our team, print and complete an employment application and fax to our Human Resources department at 562.237.5138, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print Application Form
An Equal Opportunity Employer and At-Will Employer
The Credit Union exercises responsible hiring practices, with a thorough background investigation including criminal, bondability, and credit, and once an offer of employment has been accepted, prerequisites to employment are completion of fingerprinting and a drug test.
All positions report to the La Habra Corporate Headquarters unless otherwise noted.
Current Open Positions
Real Estate Servicing Representative
As a Real Estate Servicing Rep you can look forward to providing loan service support in all areas of Real Estate Servicing and Loan Modifications. Respond to member service requests and provide service excellence and follow-up with members when necessary.
This position is responsible for processing payments, mortgage loan payoffs, daily reports to balance and post funds to GL’s. In addition prepare payoff statements, release document for loan payoffs and set up new loans according American First and secondary market guidelines.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 2+more years’ experience and/or education in residential mortgage loan servicing
- Knowledge of real estate loan terminology and documentation
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, compliance regulations for residential mortgage loans
- Knowledge of secondary market sales & service guidelines for mortgage loans preferred
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Marketing Research Specialist
As a Marketing Research Specialist you can look forward to conducting marketing research to increase brand awareness, social media, member satisfaction and product usage. This position performs a wide range of functions in support of campaign research and performance, member service monitoring, channel usage, and market assessments. Responsible for day-to-day tactics such as website graphics, updates and social media posts. Though a certain degree of creativity and latitude this position will present ideas to help the credit union grow its position and competitiveness in the marketplace.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- One or more years of experience in managing popular social media platforms and their respective audiences
- Experience in database marketing in the financial services industry in marketing, sales, or research
- Understanding of marketing and digital advertising concepts to include social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and ability to prioritize tasks and deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work in a fast paced environment with overlapping projects
- Enthusiastic attitude and ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Publisher), creative programs, and database software; InDesign, Quark Express or Illustrator a plus
Mon-Thursday: 8:45am - 5:20pm, Friday: 9:30 - 6:30 pm
This position reports to our Buena Park branch.
As a Teller you are responsible for performing teller transactions associated with processing member requests such as receiving and disbursing funds, posting deposits, loan payments and withdrawals in a needs-based sales environment. You can look forward to producing a qualified volume of referrals while providing stellar Member service.
Recent credit union, banking or teller experience.
There are no open positions at this time.
Supervisory Committee Volunteer
As a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned by its members and guided by volunteers, we are always looking for dedicated volunteers from within our membership to serve in a variety of capacities. If you have a desire to share your skills and a willingness to take a leadership role in the development of the credit union, please let us know. You can submit your letter of intent along with your resume to the address provided in the Position Description stating why you would like to volunteer at American First Credit Union.
American First Credit Union Benefits
American First Credit Union, an equal opportunity employer, offers a competitive benefit package that includes:
- HMO or PPO Medical and Dental and Credit Union paid PPO Vision Plan for part-time and full-time associates (eligible first day of month following 30 days of continuous employment).
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and daycare expenses for children and elders.
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,000 annually.
- Credit Union paid life insurance, long term disability, and AD&D insurance.
- 401(k) with 1% employer contribution and up to 3% matching - up to 4% of total compensation. (AFCU pays all record keeping fees).
- Credit Union paid Financial Advisory Service from a qualified financial planner.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick, and Floating Holidays for part-time and full-time associates.
- Special Recognition Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Loan discounts, continuous learning environment, friendly/fun setting, and much more!