Join Our Team
A 2013 recipient of the Peter Barron Stark Workplace Excellence Award
At American First Credit Union you play a vital role in serving the community all while enjoying a rewarding career. American First is looking for dynamic individuals who are team players and possess premier Member Service and sales skills. We want to help you achieve your career goals by giving you the opportunity to provide consultative service to our Members in the communities, cities, and Select Employee Groups we serve. We work hard to show our Members a different kind of financial services company. Our values and culture are what determine the success of our Associates as well as our Credit Union.
Values: Sincere Communication. People Make the Difference. Integrity. Resilience. Inclusion. Trust and Empowerment.
If you are interested in joining our team, print and complete an employment application and fax to our Human Resources department at 562.237.5138, or email your resume to email@example.com.
Print Application Form
All positions report to the La Habra Corporate Headquarters unless otherwise noted.
Current Open Positions
Database Administrator (DBA)
As a System Analyst/DBA you can look forward to being responsible for designing, maintaining, and tuning in-house and cloud-based databases and database engines. This position will design and maintain automated processes that will reliably extract data from other third-party application databases, including the core legacy system. Data integrity, backup, security and troubleshooting are critical parts of this position.
Our perfect candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from four year college or technical school; or minimum four years related experience and/or training. Previous experience in a Credit Union or other financial institution preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012, and SQL Server 2014 maintenance, performance tuning, and Integration Services. Microsoft SQL Server Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification a plus
- Ability to maintain the integrity of, and transfer data between, Microsoft SQL Server and other database servers
- Knowledge of programming and system analysis principles and procedures
- Ability to maintain multi-user client-server and web-based applications using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET or Microsoft Visual Basic 6/ASP
- Knowledge of procedures for secure file exchanges between PCs and host systems
- Knowledge of application development using Microsoft Office
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional project teams and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Great interpersonal skills which includes the ability to effectively communicate with management and other staff regarding projects and deadlines
- Ability to document or flow chart database schemas, application processes, and code for documentation purposes
Senior Real Estate Wholesale Underwriter
This position is responsible for mortgage loan underwriting of general and complex residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate American First and secondary market investor standards.
This will be accomplished by use of automated and manual underwriting. You can look forward to analyzing conventional, non-conventional residential loans. In addition, will partner with broker, loan originator or production staff to secure all required documents and provide service excellence.
The perfect candidate MUST have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years experience and/or education in residential mortgage processing and underwriting
- Advanced knowledge of mortgage loan terminology, documentation and underwriting guidelines
- Advanced knowledge of state and federal laws; compliance regulations for mortgage loans, including Secondary Market Investor sales & service guidelines
- Proficient on the use of Freddie Mac Loan Prospector and Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter Systems
- Analytical skills for credit, income, and collateral analysis; anticipating problems and finding resolutions
- Time management and organizational skills to rapidly adapt and respond to unscheduled events or changes, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
Business Development Real Estate Loan Officer
As the Business Development Real Estate Loan Officer you can look forward to originating residential real estate loans from consumers as well as business sources. You will develop and maintain relationships with builders, developers, real estate agents and other industry sources of mortgage finance leads to position American First CU as the lender of choice. You will achieve this by participating in real estate trade shows, seminars, and other business development events. You will represent the credit union to potential members, community/civic organizations, business associates, regulatory agencies, suppliers and competitors. Other activities can include facilitating real estate seminars, partnering with real estate agents in open house functions and other activities that will promote the origination of our loan products.
Salary for this position is commission structure based on monthly funded loan volume.
Our perfect candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 4+ years experience and/or education in mortgage lending and real estate loan sales including loan terminology, documentation, lending process including RESPA/RegZ/ECOA/HMDA regulations and FNMA/FHLMC mortgage lending guidelines
- History of loan originations from Real Estate Agents
- Ability to identify, consult and respond to origination opportunities with loan applicants/potential members utilizing cross-selling skills
- Time management, interpersonal and organizational skills to rapidly adapt and respond to unscheduled events changes
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and analytical skills for credit analysis and resolving problems
- Current Driver’s License, proof of insurance, evidence of a safe driving record, ability to provide own transportation for local travel, and be able to travel locally on a regular basis
Member Service Consultant 1 Membership (MSC 1)
Hours: Mon-Thursday: 8:45am-5:20pm. Friday: 9:30-6:30 pm
As an MSC 1 you can look forward to providing credit union products and services to new and existing Members in a needs-based sales environment. The MSC must deliver high quality service to both internal and external members with the ability to multi-task. A key element in this service delivery is to identify the member’s financial needs and recommend an appropriate credit union product.
In addition, the MSC has the initial contact with individuals requiring membership, account openings, account transactions and general member service assistance. This position will also be required to produce a qualified volume of referrals while providing stellar Member service.
Two or more years experience in sales, cash handling and customer service. Previous experience in financial institution preferred.
No open positions at this time.
Supervisory Committee Volunteer
As a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned by its members and guided by volunteers, we are always looking for dedicated volunteers from within our membership to serve in a variety of capacities. If you have a desire to share your skills and a willingness to take a leadership role in the development of the credit union, please let us know. You can submit your letter of intent along with your resume to the address provided in the Position Description stating why you would like to volunteer at American First Credit Union.
American First Credit Union Benefits
American First Credit Union, an equal opportunity employer, offers a competitive benefit package that includes:
- HMO or PPO Medical and Dental and Credit Union paid PPO Vision Plan for part-time and full-time associates (eligible first day of month following 30 days of continuous employment).
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and daycare expenses for children and elders.
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,000 annually.
- Credit Union paid life insurance, long term disability, and AD&D insurance.
- 401(k) with 1% employer contribution and up to 3% matching - up to 4% of total compensation. (AFCU pays all record keeping fees).
- Credit Union paid Financial Advisory Service from a qualified financial planner.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick, and Floating Holidays for part-time and full-time associates.
- Special Recognition Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Loan discounts, continuous learning environment, friendly/fun setting, and much more!