Join Our Team
A 2013 recipient of the Peter Barron Stark Workplace Excellence Award
At American First Credit Union you play a vital role in serving the community all while enjoying a rewarding career. American First is looking for dynamic individuals who are team players and possess premier Member Service and sales skills. We want to help you achieve your career goals by giving you the opportunity to provide consultative service to our Members in the communities, cities, and Select Employee Groups we serve. We work hard to show our Members a different kind of financial services company. Our values and culture are what determine the success of our Associates as well as our Credit Union.
Values: Sincere Communication. People Make the Difference. Integrity. Resilience. Inclusion. Trust and Empowerment.
If you are interested in joining our team, print and complete an employment application and fax to our Human Resources department at 562.237.5138, or email your resume to email@example.com.
Print Application Form
An Equal Opportunity Employer and At-Will Employer
The Credit Union exercises responsible hiring practices, with a thorough background investigation including criminal, bondability, and credit, and once an offer of employment has been accepted, prerequisites to employment are completion of fingerprinting and a drug test.
All positions report to the La Habra Corporate Headquarters unless otherwise noted.
Current Open Positions
There are no open positions at this time.
Member Service Representative –Call Center
Mon-Friday: 9:25am - 6:10pm
As a MSC 1 Membership you can look forward to responsible for providing credit union products and services to new and existing Members in a needs-based sales environment primarily from within a call center environment and occasionally may assist branches. Individuals must provide exceptional Member service while performing transactions associated with Member requests such as receiving and disbursing funds, posting deposits, loan payments and withdrawals as well as producing a qualified volume of referrals in a sales environment.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Recent customer service/sales experience within a call center
- Recent credit union or banking experience preferred
- One year experience in a sales environment; financial industry preferred
- Excellent communication and Member service advisory skills
Licensed Financial Advisor
CUSO Financial Services, LP. (CFS) is seeking a Licensed Financial Advisor to provide retirement and investment services for members of American First Credit Union in the Orange County, CA area. When you join CFS and American First Credit Union, you enjoy numerous benefits:
- Warm leads: Partner with branch staff and enjoy warm leads, referrals, and already-established credibility within your local community
- Large opportunity: Easily tap into the credit union’s member base to find new clients
- No proprietary products: Recommend and sell whatever products best meet your clients’ needs
- Concierge service support: Receive exceptional support from back office employees with an advisor to support staff ratio of just 5:1
CFS (Member FINRA/SIPC) is a broker-dealer and RIA with a stable, 19-year track record of serving the investment needs of credit unions and their members. We’re ranked as one of the top broker-dealers in the industry and we work with some of the top financial institutions in the country. We invite you to join our winning team!
- Licenses and Registrations: FINRA Series 7, 63 (65 or 66 preferred) and Insurance license
- Clean U-4 and Background
- Two or more years of sales experience in the financial services industry, preferably in a bank or credit union
- Certified Financial Planner designation preferred (CFP)
For immediate consideration, apply online.
**Representatives are employed and registered through CFS (Member FINRA/SIPC). To learn more about CUSO Financial Services, LP. visit www.cusonet.com.
Under minimal supervision this position reports to the Regional Branch Manager and is responsible for managing a Credit Union Member Service Center (branch) by supervising staff, maintaining compliance, security and operations. In addition you can look forward to coaching, motivating and holding the staff accountable to achieving the branch sales and member service goals. The position may assist in developing business, when appropriate, through Chamber Networking events.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- You have a Bachelors Degree and/or five years equivalent experience in the management of a sales and service team in a financial industry.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven experience in sales techniques, training, motivating, coaching, leading, planning and building an effective team that is committed to the organizational goals
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze workflow processes and establish changes for optimum performance
- Ability to understand and use financial documents to meet credit union and departmental strategic objectives.
- Knowledge of Federal Regulations to include comprehensive understanding of Reg CC, Bank Secrecy Act, CTR, SARs procedures and forms
- Working knowledge of all depository and loan products including Individual Retirement Account (IRA) and Business Accounts
- Notary License (or willingness to obtain) required
- Well-developed computer skills to include word processing and spreadsheet software
Supervisory Committee Volunteer
As a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned by its members and guided by volunteers, we are always looking for dedicated volunteers from within our membership to serve in a variety of capacities. If you have a desire to share your skills and a willingness to take a leadership role in the development of the credit union, please let us know. You can submit your letter of intent along with your resume to the address provided in the Position Description stating why you would like to volunteer at American First Credit Union.
American First Credit Union Benefits
American First Credit Union, an equal opportunity employer, offers a competitive benefit package that includes:
- HMO or PPO Medical and Dental and Credit Union paid PPO Vision Plan for part-time and full-time associates (eligible first day of month following 30 days of continuous employment).
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and daycare expenses for children and elders.
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,000 annually.
- Credit Union paid life insurance, long term disability, and AD&D insurance.
- 401(k) with 1% employer contribution and up to 3% matching - up to 4% of total compensation. (AFCU pays all record keeping fees).
- Credit Union paid Financial Advisory Service from a qualified financial planner.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick, and Floating Holidays for part-time and full-time associates.
- Special Recognition Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Loan discounts, continuous learning environment, friendly/fun setting, and much more!