Join Our Team
A 2013 recipient of the Peter Barron Stark Workplace Excellence Award
At American First Credit Union you play a vital role in serving the community all while enjoying a rewarding career. American First is looking for dynamic individuals who are team players and possess premier Member Service and sales skills. We want to help you achieve your career goals by giving you the opportunity to provide consultative service to our Members in the communities, cities, and Select Employee Groups we serve. We work hard to show our Members a different kind of financial services company. Our values and culture are what determine the success of our Associates as well as our Credit Union.
Values: Sincere Communication. People Make the Difference. Integrity. Resilience. Inclusion. Trust and Empowerment.
If you are interested in joining our team, print and complete an employment application and fax to our Human Resources department at 562.237.5138, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print Application Form
Current Open Positions
No positions are open at this time.
Business Development Real Estate Loan Officer
As the Business Development Real Estate Loan Officer you can look forward to originating residential real estate loans from consumers as well as business sources. You will develop and maintain relationships with builders, developers, real estate agents and other industry sources of mortgage finance leads to position American First CU as the lender of choice. You will achieve this by participating in real estate trade shows, seminars, and other business development events. You will represent the credit union to potential members, community/civic organizations, business associates, regulatory agencies, suppliers and competitors. Other activities can include facilitating real estate seminars, partnering with real estate agents in open house functions and other activities that will promote the origination of our loan products.
Salary for this position is commission structure based on monthly funded loan volume.
Our perfect candidate will have the following qualifications:
• You have 4+ years experience and/or education in mortgage lending and real estate loan sales including loan
terminology, documentation, lending process including RESPA/RegZ/ECOA/HMDA regulations and FNMA/FHLMC
mortgage lending guidelines.
• You have a history of loan originations from Real Estate Agents
• You have the ability to identify, consult and respond to origination opportunities with loan applicants/potential
members by utilizing cross-selling skills.
• You have time management, interpersonal and organizational skills to rapidly adapt and respond to unscheduled
events or changes.
• You have excellent written, verbal communication skills and analytical skills for credit analysis and resolving
• You have a current Driver’s License, proof of insurance, evidence of a safe driving record, ability to provide own
transportation for local travel, and be able to travel locally on a regular basis.
Director of Consumer Lending
We are looking for a forward thinking Consumer Lending leader who can not only achieve but exceed indirect and direct consumer growth goals within designated communities throughout Orange County.
As a Consumer Lending Director you will be responsible for the quality and growth of the loan portfolio (consumer indirect and direct) in addition to member service. You will ensure an efficient procedural compliance of the department and the continued competitiveness of the Credit Union’s loan products.
You can look forward to managing the Lending Associates in their production, service and sales activities so that the team’s production and sales goals are achieved and exceeded. You will grow and manage the indirect lending team in addition to implementing indirect consumer loan development programs in support of established lending goals. In addition responsible for motivating, training and cross-training a staff of ten on analyzing and processing loan applications and in making sound lending decisions in all aspects of consumer lending.
The successful candidate MUST have the following qualifications:
• You have Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in business administration; minimum five years progressive
experience as an manager of consumer lending area of a financial organization or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
• You have 5 or more years of experience in indirect lending to include sales, business development and/or loan
origination. Demonstrated skills in building dealer relationships. Recent credit union or banking experience preferred.
• You have three or more years experience in management, with proven experience in coaching, counseling, directing,
leading, organizing and implement of performance goals.
• You have knowledge of the principles and practices of effective, needs-based sales.
• You have working Knowledge of laws and regulations governing consumer lending (e.g. Reg Z, B, FCRA, etc.), loan
program development and underwriting policies and procedures
• You have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members, regulatory agencies, or members
of the business community.
• You have a proven track record of driving sales and growing loan portfolio.
• You have proven leadership abilities including excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
• You are a driver, but people oriented and can lead, guide and mentor others. People enjoy working with you.
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMMING/DELIVERY CHANNELS
This position reports directly to the COO. As the new Director of Programming you can look
forward to engaging business units to review and improve Member and Associate data workflows or delivery channel
experiences. This position designs and measures delivery channel efficiencies to meet credit union’s strategic objectives and provides input to strategic planning via research and on-going development in the technology and communication disciplines.
This position will manage a team responsible for maintaining and supporting all internal software development for business applications specifically focusing on extending the credit union core applications. The selected candidate will have responsibility for maintaining software development methodology, software version and inventory control, testing and quality assurance, programming coding standards, software delivery schedule and
compatibility, and change management/SDLC process. This position will work closely with other IT staff and business units through the design and development phase to properly scope and deliver programming development based on specifications. In addition this position will be
responsible for ensuring the security and confidentiality of all account information and Credit Union documents and that his/her work is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Our perfect candidate MUST have the following qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree in Information Systems or Management Science or equivalent experience and 5 years of related
experience. Prior financial services industry experience is preferred.
• Experience with process analysis, design and programming principles which includes knowledge of data processing
and project planning principles.
• In Depth understanding of network and web protocols including design techniques. Experience in leading broad
variety of projects (website, cloud, search projects, social projects, etc.)
• Strong understanding of information technology concepts, standard application development methods and
programming fundamentals, interfaces and middleware, relational databases and procedural languages.
• Working knowledge and experience in SQL/Oracle, Microsoft, Java, XML, HTML, Visual Basic, .Net, and Web
• Demonstrates proficiency to multi-task, plan, scope, schedule, and organize.
• Proactive approach with a focus on continuous improvement, user satisfaction, quality, and adherence to standards.
• Results-driven, works well under stress, manages competing priorities, and meets deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal communication (written and verbal)
• Excellent troubleshooting skills to analyze problems objectively, logical thinker, detail oriented.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access. Working knowledge of
Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is
• Working knowledge of authentication and security methods used in Microsoft IIS, and Microsoft Active Directory.
No positions are open at this time.
American First Credit Union Benefits
American First Credit Union, an equal opportunity employer, offers a competitive benefit package that includes:
• HMO or PPO Medical and Dental and Credit Union paid PPO Vision Plan for part-time and full-time associates
(eligible first day of month following 30 days of continuous employment).
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and daycare expenses for children and elders.
• Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,000 annually.
• Credit Union paid life insurance, long term disability, and AD&D insurance
• 401(k) with 1% employer contribution and up to 3% matching - up to 4% of total compensation. (AFCU pays all
record keeping fees).
• Credit Union paid Financial Advisory Service from a qualified financial planner.
• Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick, and Floating Holidays for part-time and full-time associates.
• Special Recognition Programs
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Health & Wellness Programs
• Loan discounts, continuous learning environment, friendly/fun setting, and much more!